What Might Cause an HVAC Emergency?
HVAC emergency or breakdown can be unsettling or even dangerous. If you do have an emergency in Tennessee, The Tedder Company offers 24/7 emergency service. More often than not, the older your system is the more likely it is that you will have a system emergency. Hopefully reading over this list may help you prevent an emergency later on.
Improper Preventive Maintenance
Improper preventive maintenance is the number one reason for emergency calls. Have all of your appliances inspected and maintained according you the manufacturer’s guidelines. Check your filters every month and change them at least every 3-6 months, again depending on the manufacturers recommendation.
You must get professional service for you heating and cooling equipment. Expert service will prevent the need for costly and possibly dangerous emergency repair needs later
A System in Need of Replacement
Your aging system is more likely to leave you cold or hot at and inconvenient time. Paying for repeated repairs and emergency service is a sign that you need replacement. Talk to your service technicians about the state of repair or disrepair of your HVAC system. And aging system can malfunction at the most inopportune time.
What to consider when looking to upgrade your HVAC system
- The Realistic life-expectancy and reliability of your current system.
- Energy cost savings vs. the cost of a new unit.
- Available tax incentives and system rebates.
- The benefits of a warranty.
- Green benefits, such as upgrading to more environmentally friendly R-410A and avoiding costs associated with replacing phased-out R-22 refrigerant in your existing system.
- Comfort and air quality.
- The convenience of avoiding unexpected breakdown hassles.
And if you are in Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood or any of the the surrounding communities, talk to us about your HVAC needs. If you are not sure if you fall in our service area, check out our service area page or request service online for more information.